Important Updates from the BRHS Bands:
This email will serve as our “virtual band booster meeting” and has some very important updates for everyone -
1. Gov. Desantis announced that all schools will remain closed for the rest of the academic year. All events are cancelled through the end of the school year and currently no summer camps are scheduled in June and July. We are hoping that we are still able to have our July Band Camp, but at this time, they are postponed.
2. The 3rd Annual Quarter Auction has been rescheduled for August 29th, 2020. Same location and time. All previously purchased tickets will be honored. If you have donations, please hold on to them for now, we will collect them when business is back to normal. If you purchased tickets for the Cruise Raffle, that drawing will take place on August 29th as well.
3. Marching Band State Champ Shirts – they are in, they look awesome, and thanks to the Scutti Family, almost all of the shirts have been delivered, thank you!!! All 2019 MBOP members get a short sleeve dri-fit shirt free of charge (all band fees must be paid). If MBOP members would like anything IN ADDITION to their short sleeve dri-fit shirt or have family/friends who would like to order items as well, you can do that on our new apparel website! We will close ordering on May 15th so deliveries of ordered apparel can take place before June. Please feel free to share this link on social media! https://manateeapparel.com/brhs_band/shop/home
4. 2019-20 Band Fees – all band and guard fees for the 2019-20 seasons are past due. PLEASE go to www.charmsoffice.com and complete payment of your band fees. If you have questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org and Jeanette Scutti will be happy to help you. Students who owe for the 2019-20 seasons will not be able to register for upcoming seasons until their fees are paid.
5. Graduation - Our new graduation date will be July 31, 2020 at 7:00PM in the Civic center.
6. Semester Exams are suspended for all Middle and High School 2nd Semester Exams for the 2019-20 school year. The time period previously designated for exams will be treated as normal instructional days. The average of 3rd and 4th Quarters Grades will used to determine the 2nd Semester Grade.
7. Marching Band of Pirates Registration will go LIVE on May 13th and will be open until May 20th. Registration will take place ONLINE ONLY at https://www.brhsbands.org/mbop-band-member-registration - at this time, only a $50 deposit is required to reserve your spot. We are anticipating three different marching band scenarios this fall, please read the registration form carefully.
8. Colorguard Open House/Auditions are complete, and we are excited to welcome those new members into the MBOP Family! If you have any questions, please email our Colorguard Director, Mr. Robinson email@example.com
9. If you are interested in being a member of the 2020 MBOP Drumline and Front Ensemble, please join is via Zoom on Thursday, May 7th at 7:00PM for an important informational meeting. Please complete this online registration form to receive a meeting link. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=hucFNeoFeEepTiFu5FjLNHAXwe20Et5Jhlyzt9--41NUMFIwSEYxMlRaOUlNWUQ2SlQxOEJGQ1U3Ti4u
10. If you have a Senior – please make sure they upload 1 to 4 pictures in Schoology they want featured in the BR Band and Guard Senior slideshow by Friday, May 15th!
11. We will plan to have a virtual Awards Ceremony on May 18th at 7:00PM via GoToMeeting for all BRHS Band and Guard students, we ask that each family/group only login to the virtual meeting only one time so we can accommodate everyone. We recommend you download the GoToMeeting app onto your laptop PRIOR to the awards banquet. Meeting Link - https://www.gotomeet.me/JeramiahB/brhs-band-and-guard-awards-banquet
12. If your student has an instrument they need to turn in at the end of the year or has personal belongings at BR that they need to get, we will be taking instruments/equipment during the following days and times in front of the BRHS Band Room. You do not need to schedule a time, just arrive when you can.
-Seniors ONLY – May 12th and 13th from 8:00AM – 11:00AM
-Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors – May 19th and 20th from 8:00AM – 11:00AM
13. Band Booster Meeting on May 26th at 7:00PM – we encourage all BRHS Band and Guard Parents/Guardians to attend and help make some important decisions about the future of the band program. We will be presenting three separate budgets to approve for the next school year. We are asking that all three budgets be approved, then once we know what our school year will look like, we will proceed with the budget that makes the most financial sense for the BRBBA. Budgets can be found and reviewed at https://www.brhsbands.org/boosters You can join our virtual Band Booster Meeting with the following link - https://www.gotomeet.me/JeramiahB/brbba-booster-meeting
Thank you for your time and dedication to the Braden River Band and Guard, please direct all questions to Mr. Bowman, Director of Bands – BowmanJ@manateeschools.net
Chris Stratford Jeramiah Bowman
President, BRBBA Director of Bands